Mobile Device Optimization continues to be a necessity for your marketing campaign. Let’s face it, America—people are always on their smartphones these days. Smartphones (and mobile devices in general) have gotten a lot better compared to what came out just a few years ago. Faster processing speed, higher definition screens, and better internet connectivity make mobile devices the go-to device for people who want to go online. They may not beat the overall computing power of a desktop or laptop, but a mobile device’s convenience trumps either of those two’s benefits. People want convenience, and that’s where mobile devices win. And that means mobile devices should be the primary platform when designing your MedSpa’s website.
Here are some numbers taken from a Per Research Center Survey done just last year:
- Since 2009, smartphone users who go online using their device has doubled
- On average, 70% or people from 19 to 64 use their smartphones to go online
- The smartphone is the primary internet device for those with lower incomes
There was even a prediction by Mary Meeker, an analyst at Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers who reviews technology trends annually, that went like this: “Mobile to overtake fixed Internet access by 2014.”
So, are you now onboard the mobile bandwagon? If so, optimizing your website for mobile device viewing is not that difficult. Here are a few things to consider:
- Texts should be very legible (and spelled correctly), with the right amount of contrast between the words and the background. Don’t make your clients have to strain their eyes.
- Multimedia are great, especially before and after photos, but don’t abuse them. Keep them small enough for easy loading. Your client’s web experience should have minimal waiting from pictures loading or videos buffering.
- Signing up for a consultation with your MedSpa should be super easy, so make sure that the form in your website is easy to find and easy to fill out. It’ll be a shame if the sign up process is incomplete just because your potential client found it cumbersome.
- Design your website so that the layout flows vertically. Vertical scrolling is the common way people browse a website. Side scrolling doesn’t look pretty or intuitive when on a mobile device. If there’s information on your website that can only be viewed by side scrolling, your potential client might not realize to look for it that way and miss it.
- Your list or treatments and procedures should be easily accessible. Don’t bury it under too many clicks. Remember: the more your client clicks, the more they are likely to stop searching.
By keeping those design pointers in mind, your client’s online experience will be a pleasant one. And that will surely play a role in the client’s decision to use your MedSpa.